10 Nosy Questions
- Your life in a nutshell: I was born and raised in Italy till the age of 13, eventually moving to Florida with my family, a life-changing experience in so many ways. From an early age, I used writing as a form of self-therapy, a way to escape some traumatic events and to deal with my anxiety. My obsession with Sailor Moon led me to write my first fan fiction at the age of nine, and from that moment on, I knew I wanted to be an author. The call to be a writer, however, remained unanswered for a long time. Becoming a mother at nineteen years old, I began my career in Administration and Human Resources struggling to make ends meet. During this time my anxiety disorder became much more disabling, and once again writing became an important crutch. In my late twenties, I finally realized that I needed to honor my dream and since then I have published two full-length novels, one anthology, and two short stories.
- What book do you recommend to everyone – even people who don’t ask? The Rust Maidens by Gwendolyn Kiste, and the Parasol Protectorate Series by Gail Garriger.
- Which of your quirks have you written into a character? My generalized anxiety disorder. I feel we need to talk about mental health in order to break the stigma and start a healthy conversation.
- Have you written someone who was rude into a book so you could get eternal payback? Marina, in the Ashar Prophecies, is a snotty character, but my goal isn’t to pay her back, but show how everyone has a story to tell and we do not know what demons they are dealing with.
- Which book boyfriend would you run away with? I have to say my own book’s boyfriend from the Ashar Prophecies LOL. Brandr, a dark, arrogant, sexy vampire.
- Have you ever taken a book-cation? Not particularly, but I’d love to find a small town feel like the ones you read in Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty.
- What fandom do you geek out over? Sailor Moon, Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter.
- Does anyone in your family read your books? If they do can they look you in the eye at Thanksgiving? Yes, my whole family has read my books, but I’ve warned them my next work will be a lot darker and sexier, so if that makes them uncomfortable, they should not read it. LOL. Luckily I have a family who really supports all of my work, so I can take it to whatever level without worrying about their reactions.
- How many more stories are rattling around in your brain trying to get out? Way too many and that’s a common problem with me. I have multiple story ideas, so I commit to writing two books at the same time. Crazy, but I am a glutton for punishment. <shrugs>
- What did you have the most fun with in your last novel? My latest novel turned a lot darker, which made me realize that’s really more my writing genre. I had a blast creating deep, dark situations and found that my creative mind conjured up some really amazing plots.
Tease Us With Your Book
A psychic connection, a secret war, and a dangerous attraction to her abductor – does Hera have what it takes to fulfill the Ashar prophecy?
Dealing with anxiety and a dysfunctional family is bad enough, but it gets worse when Hera is kidnapped and taken to a mysterious house secluded in the middle of a forest.
There she meets Aethen, the leader of the Ashar Coven, claiming to be a psychic vampire who feeds on human energy.
If that’s not shocking enough, he insists that not only is she a psychic vampire as well, but also the High Priestess destined to lead the fight in a supernatural war.
The Ashar Prophecy declares that Hera will Awaken in order to save her kind. If she fails her people will be destroyed, shattering a long intricate past.
Hera’s role – and survival – become more complicated as her attraction to Aethen grows stronger each day. She is now trapped in a war between two vampire factions; one vicious and bloodthirsty, the other territorial and shrouded in secrets. Her future – and the future of her coven – rests in her hands.
The Forest House is the first book of three in the Ashar Prophecies Series. A new urban fantasy book geard for mature readers that are tired of sparkly vampires in an oversaturated vampire genre. Author Tamara Rokicki brings to light a mysterious and unique vampire series that introductes psychic vampirism, giving new menaing to bloodthirsty vampires, witch covens, magical prophecies, and more.